Junior Cycle Curriculum
Junior Cycle Programme
From September 2019 all students commencing in secondary school will complete all subjects as part of the new Junior Cycle. The Junior Cert has been discontinued and they will compete all their subjects as outlined in the new subject specifications. Follow the link below for further information.
• CSPE (Civic, Social and Political Education)
• SPHE (Social, Personal and Health Education)
• Religious Education
• Physical Education
• Business Studies
• Art, Craft and Design
• Technical Graphics
• Materials Technology (Wood)
• Home Economics
Introduced in 2019
In Third Year the following process allows students and parents to make informed choices about Senior Cycle:
• Information Evening on Study skills and Course Choices available at Senior Cycle.
• DATs (Aptitude Testing)
• Information Evening on Transition Year and other Senior Cycle Options and Subjects-
• Interviews for Transition Year Programme
• Students are informed of their Options/Programme in a comprehensive booklet and appointments which are arranged with the Guidance counsellor
• Subject to sufficient demand and resources, Management reserves the right to determine on an annual basis the range and level of subjects.